Monday, January 7, 2008

Feel good about the jewelry you wear


The past two years have been amazing in terms of what ZiZi Designs Jewelry has become. What began as a bunch of girlfriends sitting around during a reunion weekend "crafting" has blossomed into a wonderful way to support a friend working in the Middle East as a missionary and also a way to relax, have fun, and use the creative portion of my brain. It also is a great way to connect with other friends, unwind and chat about the things of life.
Most of the sales of ZiZi Designs occurs through "trunk shows" or "jewelry parties" hosted by friends and family in their homes. Women love the opportunity to get together, enjoy great fellowship and some yummy treats AND shop for the perfect accessories to all their outfits. I'm incredibly grateful for those who have hosted shows.
Just last week, I started an etsy.com site -- www.zizidesigns.etsy.com. It's a whole new venue for me, but I'm hoping that it will grow in its own way. You can see pictures from some of my pieces at the side. I hope to be adding more in the near future and improve the photo quality of the pieces we have for sale.
ZiZi Designs wouldn't be possible as it is today without the incredible amount of help that my friends Heidi and Cristy have provided. Heidi continues to "bead" with me every Tuesday night, but sadly, Cristy has left the US and headed to Malawi, where she's serving as the Deputy Medical Director in a Seventh Day Adventist missionary hospital. More than her creative, funky style, we miss her presence, her smile, her encouragement and her wit! Interesting, we know, that a SDA gal was so skilled at making jewelry!
More to come as we bead our way to bringing the love and peace of Jesus to the people of the world!

No comments: